Cleansing Detox Vegetable Soup
What is better than a detox?
A vegetable soup detox, duh! (Slow clap)
No actually. This vegetable detox soup is really one of the best I’ve ever tried and created. This detox soup is filled with everything that your body needs when cleansing. Kale, celery, turmeric, red onion, ginger etc. It is also perfect to jump start your healthy eating plan.
Detox or weight loss?
There is a huge difference between detoxing your body and trying to lose weight. Though many people believe that they mean the same thing – they don’t.
Detoxing your body means that you are trying to get rid of the toxins and any unhealthy substances within your body (sometimes particular places of the body).
Weight loss is as you know it when your body is losing fat or more accurately, your fat cells are getting smaller, therefore, your body appears to be smaller.
It is important to know the difference between the two, in order to properly target what you’re trying to achieve when it comes to your body. Detoxing is an important process before trying to lose weight as the body usually holds many toxins or “excess junk” which can interfere with the process of losing weight.
Detoxing the intestines, for example, can be extremely important as this is where a lot of absorption occurs within the body. When your intestines are filled with ‘junk’, they are unable to properly retain and absorb the nutrients from your food. Therefore you are not gaining any nutritional advantages from the foods you eat.
The intestines can carry heavy toxins along the lining from unhealthy foods like soda, fast foods, processed foods and almost anything packaged. If the intestines become heavily filled with toxins, you risk the chance of getting sick.
So what exactly is this soup good for?
This is the perfect soup to help you detoxify your body from toxins and help you prepare your body for weight-loss (if that is your next plan). It is extremely important you detox your body before weight loss in order to lose weight successfully.
Though this isn’t a weight loss soup, it will help you become ready for weight loss. I didn’t want to call this a weight loss soup. Because that is not its sole advantage nor did I want this soup to be classified as a weight loss remedy. A soup won’t force you to lose weight, you can only force yourself to lose weight by controlling what enters your body (and by exercising).
That being said, if this soup is regularly consumed I wouldn’t be surprised if it helped you lose weight. It is the perfect soup in helping someone get back on track and maintain overall health.
How to effectively detox?
The most efficient way to detox the body is to take two full days and only consume this detox soup. It is okay to have some herbal teas but is best to fully cut out caffeine. Caffeine tends to retain water within the body for the majority of people. It is important not to drink coffee or any caffeine so that you can properly expel the toxins in your body.
This soup is best consumed early in the morning right as you wake up. It is good to have a glass of warm water with lemon before the soup or even a herbal tea. I find the best way to detox is to constantly be drinking the soup all day long as if you were drinking coffee or tea. This seems to be the best way to cut out the cravings and to keep you from getting hungry.
If you think it could be too much of a struggle to only consume liquids for two days, I recommend keeping the vegetables from the broth and eating those throughout the day.
If you’re interested in going for a ‘soft detox’ have about 2-3 cups of this broth a day and eat vegetables and free range meats for 5 days. This will help begin to clear the toxins from your system and can be as effective as a two-day detox.
It is definitely much harder to do a full two-day detox especially if you’re working. This detox can give you a headache as your body is expelling all the toxins. Don’t worry, this is normal.
How the ingredients will benefit you:
- Turmeric: Tumeric acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in the body as well, helps your body metabolize and digest foods.
- Kale: Kale is one of the worlds healthiest foods. It is filled with nutrients and is extremely good for the brain.
- Ginger: Ginger is one of the strongest anti-inflammatory foods and is one of the most important ingredients in this soup. It helps aid digestion, swelling, flatulence, and indigestion. By having ginger in the soup it will immediately help alleviate any swelling within the system and begin to reduce one’s appetite.
- Celery: It helps reduce inflammation within the body and helps digestion. This is extremely important in those who have excess toxins in their systems as this is one of the properties that will help expel the waste.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are another of the worlds healthiest foods. They are filled with proteins, Omega 3’s Fatty Acids, fiber and many macro nutrients. It is essential in detoxification as it helps the toxins pass and exit the body.
- Garlic: Garlic is highly nutritious and is high in vitamins such as vitamin C and B6. It is also another key ingredient in this detox as it can help the body detoxify heavy metals stuck within the body.
It is important to remember not to put the chia seeds into the boil. I add approximately one Tsp of chia seeds into every serving that I have. I mix it up and drink it.
The broth is perfect to have whether you’re going for a full detox or just a soft detox. It is easily had in the morning or at lunch time. Some people enjoy it before bed to help soothe them down before the night. This broth has so many health benefits, it’s good to have whether on a diet or not.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, please keep me updated on your detox and how you enjoyed this recipe!
Take the FREE Quiz!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.