Your Entire Candida Cleanse Ingredient List: Phase 1
The importance of your ingredients
Let it be known, what ingredients you buy during your candida cleanse will ultimately help decipher how much success you have during your cleanse. If you depend on eating out and buying pre-made foods you will undoubtfully be eating sugar and your candida elimination will not be successful.
If you stress not having the willpower to complete such a difficult cleanse, I suggest reading my post on How To Kill It On A Cleanse here. I go into detail on the mental tactics I utilize in order to refrain from eating unhealthy foods that set me back.
Taking the time to properly think through your ingredient list and looking at all your recipe options, will especially help you when you have cravings.
Let’s look at all options
During the first phase of your candida cleanse, you will need to focus on increasing the number of veggies you eat. Meaning 50% or more of your meals should consist of vegetables (preferably steamed).
Here is a list of the vegetables I have found to be most effective in eliminating my candida.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Eggplant (steamed is best though the taste can throw some people off).
- Garlic (raw only)
- Green Beans
- Kale (steamed or if it’s broken up into a smoothie. Kale can be extremely difficult for some to digest especially for those with IBS or leaky gut).
- Spinach (It is good to add spinach to your smoothies but limit your salads to one a day).
- Tomatoes (no more than 3 meals/week as they can cause inflammation for many).
During the first phase of the Candida elimination cleanse, you will need to completely cut fruit out of your diet except for these:
- Green apples only
- Sugar-Free dried cranberries (I only recommend this if you are really craving fruit and need something to hold you over).
- Olives (Many say that olives are ok to eat but I am very warry before eating them as a lot of the olives these days are filled with ingredients that will feed the candida. Your best bet is to get organic olives that haven’t been tampered with at all).
Meat and Protein Ingredients
Whether you are vegetarian vegan or a meat eater, there are options for you. The only thing is that red meats are hard on our digestive systems and should completely be eliminated.
- Non-soy tofu (vegan option)
- Tempeh (vegan option)
- Free Range Chicken
- Lentils/Chickpeas (vegan option)
If you are vegan or vegetarian, I wouldn’t worry so much about the amount of protein you consume. There is a lot of discussion surrounding lack of protein intake for vegans/vegetarians. Though, there has never actually been any vegans or vegetarians recorded for protein deficiency in a first world country. That being said, things like almonds, salmon, spinach, Brussels sprouts, kale, and asparagus are filled with protein. Meaning, as long as you are keeping your vegetables intake up, you don’t need to worry at all about how much protein you are getting.
Nut and Seed Ingredients
- Sunflower Seeds
- Chia seeds
Ingredients you NEED to include in your diet that will also help cut your cravings:
- Almond Butter
- Coconut oil
- Apple cider vinegar (adding this to hot water with cayenne pepper is excellent during detoxification).
- Black pepper
- Cinnamon (make sure to find good trustworthy brands, some cinnamon can be sugar filled).
- Oregano oil (adding 3-5 drops of pure oregano oil into your water 3 times a day is essential in candida elimination. Oregano is a natural anti-bacterial and will help heal your gut).
- Cayenne pepper
- Himalayan salt
- All spices are accepted (as long as they don’t contain sugar) but these listed above are especially important during your cleanse.
Again another controversial topic. I believe dairy should be 100% eliminated – forever. Mind you I am slowly going into a vegan lifestyle and have read countless amounts of articles that inform the public about the danger of dairy. Now, there are ways you can include calcium in your diet without eating dairy.
- Coconut Milk or Almond Milk (unsweetened).
- Coconut milk kefir (making sure you are getting a brand that does not include sugar as this will feed the candida).
- Here is an INCREDIBLE raw kefir that I highly recommend. Raw Coconut Kefir It comes in a pack of 6, they deliver straight to your home (NO PO BOX) and it is delivered in an ice cooler to be kept fresh.
- It is filled with billions of probiotics, it contains NO sugar and has been proven to help with all gut issues, including IBS. This is practically essential in regaining gut health. I cannot go on about how incredible this product is. Make sure to check it out and if it is financially feasible for you, I really believe that this is going to make a big difference in healing the bacteria in your gut.
- I actually haven’t ever been able to find in a store, a coconut kefir that doesn’t include sugar. Thus, be very careful before buying in stores. Make sure to look at the ingredients!
Caffeine Free Ingredients
Cutting out caffeine is extremely difficult but you will find a huge change in your health once you do so. Here are some options for you:
- Licorice tea
- Caffeine free green tea
- Caffeine free peppermint tea
- Chamomille tea
- Peau D’arco (a very rare brand of tea but is an anti-bacterial and will really help the balance of bacteria in your gut).
Probiotics, herbs, anti-fungals and other requirements:
During the first phase of your cleanse you want to make sure that you are taking all of the probiotics that will benefit your gut and won’t feed the candida. Believe it or not, some probiotics contain ingredients (like dairy) that will feed the candida in your gut. Also, there are great herbs and oils that you should be taking to properly eliminate the candida.
- Oregano oil
- Eating garlic (raw) is a natural anti-fungal
- Grape Seed Extract
- Caprylic acid
- Pea D’arco Tea (recommended above)
- Licorice (Tea or pure)
A candida cleanse isn’t an easy thing to complete. It takes time, a lot of thought and preparation. For some, it can cause stress and anxiety (though the cleanse itself helps heal these symptoms). Overall, making sure to really do your research and find ingredients that will benefit you during your cleanse is essential. This is a cleanse that anyone can successfully do and with the right amount of research, can really feel great during the cleanse. Make sure to check out my other great posts on the candida cleanse here.
Thank you so much for reading, I hope that this will help you in your cleansing journey.
Lots of love,